Bishop’s House Cross Junction
Kollam, Kerala India
The Diocese of Kollam was one among the six new dioceses formed with a vast area from Thiruvithamcode to Mavelikara.
Dionysius-V , the then Malankara Metropolitan was the first Bishop of Kollam diocese and he headed the diocese from 1876 to (---?) Geevarghese Mar Gregorious of Parumala was the second Bishop of Kollam Diocese till 1902. Again from 1902 to 1909 , Dionysius -V became the Bishop of Kollam.
Vattasseril Geevarghese Mar Dionysius , the then Malankara Metropolitan became the third Bishop of Kollam diocese upto 1912. From 1912 onwards Geevarghese Mar Gregorious later known as Baselious Geevarghese II , the then Catholicos of Malankara adorned the position of Bishop of Kollam diocese till 1938. He adorned the position of the Catholicos of Malankara sabha and also the Bishop of Kollam from 1934 to 1938.
From 1938 onwards , the diocese was under the leadership of Alexious Mar Thevedosius. From 1953 to 1966 Mathews Mar Coorilos served as the Assistant Bishop of Kollam along with Alexious Mar Thevedosius.
Mathews Mar Coorilos became the Bishop of Kollam in 1966 and served the diocese till he became the Catholicos of the East . In 1991 when Mathews Mar Coorilos became the Supreme Head of Malankara Sabha, Mathews Mar Epiphanios ,who was the Assistant Bishop of Kollam became the Bishop of Kollam and served the diocese till 2009.
In 1979 , the diocese of Kollam was bifurcated to Trivandrum and Kollam Diocese (------?) churches went to Trivandrum diocese. Again in 1985 four churches detached from Kollam diocese and included in Chengannur diocese. In 2002 , from Kollam diocese twenty seven churches detached and formed the new Mavelikara diocese. In 2010 a rearrangement of churches of Kollam and Trivandrum dioceses resulted in the formation of Adoor- Kadampanad and Kottarakara –Punalur dioceses .
The first headquarters of Kollam Diocese was Kottapuram Seminary during the reign of Geevarghese Mar Gregorious of Parumala and Kundara Seminary was the headquarters of Kollam Diocese during the reign of Geevarghese Mar Gregorious who later known as Baselious Geevarghese II .
Mathews Mar Coorilous later known as Baselious Marthoma Mathews -II ,the Catholicos of the East, established the present headquarters at Cross Junction, Kollam .
From 2009 April 1st , onwards H.G. Zachariah Mar Anthonios became the Metropolitan of Kollam Diocese. At present sixty five churches under the Diocese of Kollam. H.G Zachariah Mar Anthonios renovated and dedicated the Kollam Aramana during 2013-15.The Kollam diocese has two diocesan centers - Mar Epiphnios Centre ,Kottarakara and Sooranad. The diocese also has St. Thomas Boys Home, Sasthamkotta and Mar Baselious Santhi Bhavan, Thalavoor as Charitable institutions.