St. Mary’s Malankara Orthodox Church, 4th parish of Malankara Orthodox Church in Houston area was established in September 2010 as per the decree DSW A/C/002/2010 issued by H.G.Alexios Mar Eusebius, the metropolitan of the South West Diocese of America. Rev. Fr. Geevarghese John was appointed as the vicar who celebrated the 1st Holy Qurbana on September 26th, 2010 along with Rev. Fr. K.Y. Wilson and Rev. Fr. M.T. Thomas.
We began with 25 members in a rented facility located at Missouri City. Our diocesan metropolitan H.G.Alexios Mar Eusebius celebrated Holy Qurbana on October 17, 2010, and proclaimed the official inauguration of the church. Rev. Fr. Joshua George (Binoy Achen) was appointed as the vicar from January 2011 to June 30, 2014. By March 2011, we moved to our present location at 1415 Packer Lane, Stafford, Texas 77477. Rev. Fr. P. M. Cheriyan was appointed as our new vicar in July 2014. With the excellent leadership of our Achen, our parish is growing quickly and currently has over 70 families.
Rev.Fr.Johnson Punchakonam was appointed as our new vicar from 17th August 2020. As we extend our gratitude and prayer to God Almighty, we express our sincere thanks to all our well wishers.