CSI-Holy Trinity Church is a church under the auspices of the Protestant Church of South India, a uniting Church. It is located in the Bolarum locality of Secunderbad Cantonment. Construction of the church, in 1847, was personally funded by Queen Victoria.
Construction of the church, in 1847, was personally funded by Queen Victoria, on land donated by the Nizam of Hyderabad. It was initially an Anglican church, and a place of worship for British army officers and other Indian Christian families. The church was built by her Royal Highness Queen Victoria in the year 1847 out of her own purse. Following an Anglican tradition the church was the place of worship for the then lived British army officers and families. The land for this historic church was donated by the Nizam's Govt. when General Frazer was the resident of Hyderabad. The interior of the church adorns the tablets of the loved ones of British Army officers, who died during their tenure in the Hyderabad contingent. One can still see the original pews, which despite the passage of time have retained their sheen. The stained glass at the altar (erected in 1904), the pulpit, and the bell are all in their original eloquence, reflecting an era gone by. There are 44 tablets adorning the church interior, erected by the loved ones of those who died. According to the records, 21 regiments were stationed at Secunderabad during 1847-1947 and were a part of the worship. The cemetery next door back dates to the 18th century, and reflects the history and the memorial of British Officers and their loved ones. The oldest grave belongs to John Alexander, a British Army Officer of Hyderabad Contingent, who died on 7 April 1851. The cemetery is active and still being used by the congregation to bury their dear ones.
The church is medium-sized, and in the Victorian Gothic style. The stained glass windows are similar to those of country churches in England. The pews in the church are original, as are the stained glass at the altar, the pulpit and the bell. Tablets on the walls commemorate the deaths of parishioners, especially British Army officers and their families. The adjacent cemetery contains graves dating from 1851. It was built in classic European architecture by a member of British Royal family. Then a place of worship for British Army officers and families, it now serves about 370 families covering roughly more than 15 localities and 6 villages.