Sunday Mass – Timings : 5.00 a.m., 6.15 a.m., 7.15 a.m, ; 7.00 p.m.
Sokkankudiyiruppu was separated from Sathankulam Mission in the year 1882 and consequently it was made into a parish. The Jesuit Missionary Rev. Fr. Danis Kushion started constructing the Church of Sts. James & Stanislaus and Fr. John Manger from Anaikarai completed the Church construction and blessed the Church.
The famous votive shrine of Manal Matha Church belongs to this parish. Once upon a time there was a settlement called Kanakkankudiyiruppu. The Missioaries from Kerela (Cochin) built a Church at Kanakkankudiyiruppu, dedicated to Our Lady of Assumption.
The village as well as the Church of Kanakkankudiyiruppu was later on covered by sand dunes and the people had migrated into neibouring villages. The Church was later discovered by a few shephards and people removed the sand and found the Church of Assumption and a new Church was built over the excavated old Church, under the guidence of Rev. Fr. Innaciar, who died at Manal Matha Church and was buried at Sokkankudiyiruppu. The presbytery was built by Rev. Fr. J. Edward which was blessed on 11th December 2009.