Sunday Mass – Timings : 5 a.m. & 6.30 a.m.
According to the mission history of the Jesuits of 1558, we came to know that already there was a Church at Koothenkuzhi. When Idinthakarai was an independent parish (1730), Koothenkuzhi and Koodankulam were its substations. It is noted that in 1715 there was a Church dedicated to St. John the Baptist as well as a Church of Goa Mission dedicated to St. Joseph. Koothenkuzhi became a separate parish in 1924. The foundation stone of the present Church was laid in 1930 by Bishop Tiburtius Roche when Rev. Fr. G. Michael was the parish priest. The Church building was completed in 1966 and was blessed on the 5th January the same year. The tiled roof is changed into R.C. terrace and the Church is renovated by Rev. Fr. Clarence on, the parish priest (2006 – 2011).The renovated Church was blessed by Most. Rev.Dr.Yvon Ambroise on 11.05.2011. Besides there is a Church dedicated to St. Kitheriammal and the people of Koothenkuzhi are very much attached to this saint and also there is a Holy Cross Church and Arch angel Micheal Church. The presbytery was renovated by Rev. Fr. Kumar Raja in 1996. The parish has been entrusted to the Congregation of the Holy Cross Fathers from June 2011.