Sunday Mass – Timings : 7.00 a.m.
Weekdays : 6.00 a.m
In the 16th Century when Kannakkankudiyiruppu, present Manal Matha koil, was covered with Sand dune, people migrated into various villages and a few of them got settled at Chettivilai The people were frequenting Sokkankudiyiruppu for their spiritual needs. After the excavation of Manal Matha Church, one the two statues from Manal Matha Church was brought to chettivilai and was placed in a thatched Church. When this thatched Church got fire, people brought building materials from Thoppuvilai and put up a Church. Rev.Frs. V. Delver and Ignatius, the parish priests of Periathalai looked after the Church construction. In 1947 Rev. Fr. Lawrence Xavier laid the foundation stone for a larger Church. Rev. Fr. Ephrem built the present Church and the presbytery and the Church was blessed on 25th October 1975.
In 1930 Rev. Fr. Mathew Nather built a school where servite sisters served from 1949 -1993. On 10th September 1992 Chettivilai became a separate parish and Rev. Fr. Amaladoss was the first parish priest.
From 1994 onwards S.H. Sisters of Vellore render their service at chettivilai.