Holy Trinity Church is located in Ooty (Ootacamund), in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the oldest landmarks in Ooty. The building was initially used by Indian Christians as a place of worship on Sundays and used as a school during weekdays. It became a dedicated church from 1858.
George Uglow Pope, Tamil scholar and translator of major Tamil literary works, including the Thirukkural, into English, took part in the initiation of the Holy Trinity church here and also served as its chaplain in 1858–59. A congregation of around 700 families are associated with the church. Seven churches are attached to the Pastorate: St. Thomas Church, Ooty, St. John's Church, Kandal, Immanuel Church, Kenthorai, All Saints Church, Toda colony, St. Paul's Church, Muthorai, Christ Church, Thomund, Good Shepherd Church H. P. F. Rev.Victor Prem kumar is the Presbyter.Rev.Jerry Raj kumar is the Asst.Presbyter.Next year St.Thomas Church would celebrate 150 years of its existence.
Ministry to the Native Indians were started as early as 1830. The first Tamil church which was dedicated in year 1858 due to efforts of missionaries, chief among them was Rev.G.U.POPE, a Tamil scholar. The pastorate has grown to 700 families with nine other branch churches including two TODA believers congregation.Last year 150th anniversary was celebrated.