The Foundation for this Church was laid in the year 1840 and the built Church was consecrated by Rev. C.Aroolappan in 1842. He served for 18 years and his son was Lay Reader for two years after which it was handed over to SPG mission. Church property was developed through contributions of tenants and several other donors.
The 100th year celebrant Rev. Chelliah Joseph released a souvenir on 24.06.1953 proclaiming the word of God in Psalm 107: 1 “O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good for his mercy endureth forever”.
Mission later part of 1860 named St.John's Mission looked after by Bishop T. Dealtry who was generously donated the amount Rs. 12,000/- as sacrificial offering to the mission which was given by Meckenzie of Bengal for Bishop's personal use.