Sunday Mass – Timings : 6.15 a.m; 8.00 a.m. 10.30 a.m; 6.10p.m
Weekdays : 6.00 a.m
When Pragasapuram was one of the substations of Sathankulam parish it was called Puthur – Pragasapuram. In 1887 it was made into a separate parish together with 15 substations. Again in 1890 due to various pastoral reasons it lost its status as a parish. In 1909, Pragasapuram was again declared as a parish and a few villages from Sathankulam and Punnaikayal mission were attached to Pragasapuram as substations. The Parish Church was small in size and was dedicated Our Lady of Assupmtion.
The construction work of the parish Church was started by Rev. Fr. T. Michael in as early as 1913. But it was completed by Rev. Fr. G. Francis and was blessed by Bishop Thomas Fernando on 21 November 1967. Presbytery at Pragasapuram was blessed on 06.08.1991 by Bishop Amalnather and Rev. Fr. Edward was a parish priest. The presbytery was put up by Rev. Fr. J. Edward which was blessed by Bishop Amalnather on 6th August 1991.