Sunday @ 6:30 AM To 08:00 AM
THE METHODIST TELUGU CHURCH is situated at the township of Ambarnath, in the District of Thane, state of Maharashtra. This township of Ambarnath is about 60 Kms away from the Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus of city of Mumbai.
THE METHODIST TELUGU CHURCH is situated at the township of Ambarnath, in the District of Thane, state of Maharashtra. This township of Ambarnath is about 60 Kms away from the Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus of city of Mumbai. Ambarnath has been an industrially developed township having Major Industries such as Ordnance Factory Ambarnath, WIMCOLtd., Dharamsee Morarjee Chemicals Limited and Woollen Mills and many other small scale Industries. People from different states of our Country especially from South India and other parts of Maharashtra migrated to this place to earn their livelihood. Our Christian brothers were not exception to this, Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada and Tamil speaking believers too migrated to this township of Ambarnath.
In 1926-27, the Management of WIMCO LTD (Western India Match Company) in which most of the Kannada – Telugu speaking believers were employed, was gracious and generous to allow these believers to hold their worship service along with the other language speaking believers at WIMCO School Hall. Many dedicated people like Mr.D.B.Salve took an active part in nurturing the faith of these believers and thus the congregation grew in numbers. Though the members belonged to different denominations and various languages but worked together as a team in propagating His name. By then Mr.D.B.Salvi was fully trained to take Pastoral Charge and thus he was conducting worship services for all the believers at WIMCO School Hall.
In 1946, it was envisioned to purchase a plot for the construction of a Church building. On 15th May, 1948 the Collector of Thana District was pleased to allot the plot No.33 admeasuring 3,333 Sq.Yards at Re 1/- per Sq.Yard to the District Superintendent of Methodist Church, Bombay.