As Malkapuram became an industrially important area by the establishment of number of industries, many people began to flock there and nearby places. Already there was regular Sunday Mass in Scindia area. It was Fr. Xavier Dias who built the church in 1963 on the mission property bought in 1944. He began to look after Scindia and Malkapuram. After him priests from cathedral looked after the two centres.
A private school was star ted in the church campus at Malkapuram in 1967 and in 1971 it was handed over to the Sisters of St. Ann together with a par t of the proper ty of the mission. Sisters acquired an additional land and built the school which has now become a high school.
Scindia and Malkapuram was made a parish and the Presbytery was built at Malkapuram in 1971. Ever since there is a resident priest although some of the priests in-charge earlier used to stay in the Sacristy of the Church. The present church dedicated to Christ the King in Scindia Colony was built in 1967 on the piece of land given by the company for the purpose. Caltex was kind enough to give 12 acres of their land to the sisters of St. Ann in 1978 to star t a college and a hospital. The St. Ann’s College for girls was star ted in 1978. The extention of Malkapuram Church so as to suit the increasing number of Catholics was taken place in 1981. With the development of industries in an around the areas, under the zealous and able spiritual guidance of the good shephereds the faithful are growing day by day.