It was Fr. Xavier Dias who is well known to be the real founder of S. Kota mission. Fr. Dias began his work from Vepada through Thadi Sanyasi alias stephen, a zealous man working in the Taluk Office at S. Kota, Mopada Satyam Naidu was the one who first became a catholic from S. Kota. In 1946 Fr. Dias bought the management of a school. Then the sisters of St. Joseph who got permission to open a girl’s school erected a shed for their school near father’s rented house. A plot of land was bought on the Jami road in 1948 and a house for the sisters was built there in 1950 and shifted the girl’s school which later became a high school. The sisters shifted the girls boarding from Vizianagaram to S.Kota in 1951. In 1952 the presbytery was built. The church was built in 1960 and dedicated to St. Joseph the Patron saint of S.Kota.