By the sincere effor ts of Fr. Lazar Mariadas and Fr. Joseph Ravulapalli some of people became catholics in Uttaravally. From Bobbili the fathers used to visit this station initially. When Rajam Mission was opened Uttaravalli went to Rajam. The school site was bought in 1940. The present church was built in 1956 in the time of Fr. Mathai Mappilakunnel and the village was more frequently visited. Taking some villages from Bobbili and Rajam Mission the new Parish of Uttravalli was erected in the year 1979. The presbytery was built in 1981. Fr. George Edapady was appointed as the first parish priest of the Uttravally parish.