Hamsavaram was an outstation of Gollaprolu. Rev. Frs. Polamarasetty Charles, L Contat, V George, Manueuloux visited this place from 1930 to 1936 and baptized about 70 people. Fr. Thomas Parel was appointed the first Parish Priest who built the Presbytery and the elementary school with 2 teachers. The church and school were housed in a thatched sheds. In 1975 while Fr. M John(the present bishop of Eluru) was the Parish Priest built the church. Fr. Devasia Nediakala built pucca school building in 1985. Together with the church a compound wall also was built but there were no gate till 1994 when Fr. George Maniangatt erected the Gate and renewed the presbytery, replaced with ACC roof.