It was in 1950 the sisters of St. Joseph of Annecy star ted a dispensary in a large house bought from the Zamindar of Kirlampudi. The sisters found it very difficult to run the dispensary fullfledgedly coming twice in a week from Annavaram, the recidence point for the sisters. In 1955 another house was built for the hospital in the 6 acres of the Zamindar’s property bought in 1952 from the Zamindar. Sisters moved to the next house in Prathipadu with an intention of serving the people through the hospital. A two roomed house , one for a doctor and another for the priest was built.
Sisters star ted a school at Prathipadu in 1954 land was bought for the mission in 1968. As long as Fr. Saldhana was incharge of Annavaram he was also the chaplain for the sisters at Prathipadu. But the villages was under Samalkot Parish. Prathipadu was made the mission Headquar ters of Samalkot in 1973. Presbytery and the church were built in 1971. Every year in the month of Febrauary the parish feast is celebrated at the shrine of Our Lady on the nearby hill. Sisters have a big hospital and leprosy centres. With a history of half a century the parish is working well in touching the hear ts of seekers of God in the nearby villages.