Sundays at 8:30AM in Malayalam
The history of our parish began with modest beginnings which started way back in the 1940s when some of our community members and descendents of The Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church, settled in Hyderabad. These were a group of committed people, spiritually inclined and dedicated to the mission of the church. They held fast to the traditions, faith and practices of the Mar Thoma Church and started making temporary arrangements for worship in the city. Ascension Mar Thoma Church, Hyderabad
In 1947, the settlers from the Mar Thoma community along with the members of other churches, started the Malayalam congregation. During the years 1947 to 1949, the late Rev. K T Thomas from Sihora Ashramam used to visit and conduct the Holy Qurbana services in Hyderabad/Secunderabad during special occasions. When the Scotts returned to the UK after Indian independence, the St. Andrews Church was given to Malayalam Christian community for worship. Thus the Orthodox and Mar Thoma churches conducted Holy Communion services on alternate Sundays for almost 40 years in the erstwhile St. Andrews church and in their respective churches in Hyderabad on the other Sundays.
Our Holy Communion services are conducted in Malayalam for the first 3 weeks of the month with the 4th Sunday dedicated for English service. On the 5th Sunday, we generally have ordinary Service.
The work of the Edavaka Mission and Friday evening prayer meetings help integrate families, pray for one another and promote God's purpose for the families of our church.